Athabasca University uses the Microsoft Suite of products. All Students have access to the software they will need.
Microsoft OneNote is a powerful and multi-purpose tool that allows you take notes on the spot in a variety of formats. You can treat the app as if it were a block of sticky/post-it notes combined together in a digital notebook, all without the hassle of carrying a physical one around.
Here are some examples of how this app might be helpful for you:
- Type out on-the-spot notes (e.g. important reminders, tips, to-do lists etc)
- Take a picture using the iPad camera and paste it to OneNote (great for capturing diagrams, charts, graphs etc for future studying)
- Record an audio note and play it back for when it’s more convenient (e.g. tutorial, lecture etc)
- Scribble, handwrite and/or draw your notes using different pen colours and shapes
Other useful features include:
- The ability to easily create, edit, delete, rename, search, sort, copy and organize your notes into sections/categories
- If you need some notes more than others, you can “pin them” so they always show up first
- Working on a collaborative project? You can share access to your notes with peers, allowing all of you to work together on the same set of notes
- Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices at any time
Google Chrome Extension for One Note: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.onenote&hl=en
Developer WebSite: https://www.onenote.com/download