Athabasca University uses the Microsoft Suite of products. All Students have access to the software they will need.
Whether you’re working with teammates on a project or planning a weekend activity with loved ones, Microsoft Teams helps bring people together so that they can get things done. It’s the only app that has chats, meetings, files, tasks, and calendar in one place—so you can easily connect with people and bring plans to life. Get family and friends together to manage tasks at home or plan a surprise birthday party. Work with teammates via secure meetings, document collaboration, and built-in cloud storage. You can do it all in Microsoft Teams.
Easily connect with anyone:
• Meet securely with teammates, family, and friends. Set up a video meeting within seconds and invite anyone by sharing a link or calendar invite.
• Chat 1-1 or in group chats with friends or colleagues. @mention people in chats to get their attention.
• Dedicated channels help create a focused workspace for important projects.
• Video call anyone directly in Teams or instantly convert a group chat to video call.
• GIFs, emojis, and message animations make it easier to express yourself when words aren’t enough.
Accomplish plans and projects together:
• Task lists allow you to stay on top of work projects or plans with family and friends. Assign tasks, set due dates, and cross off completed tasks to keep everyone on the same page.
• File sharing in chats makes it easier to coordinate on work assignments or personal projects.
• Cloud storage makes it easy to access shared documents and files on the go.
• Dashboard view neatly organizes all shared content—photos, files, tasks, links—so you don’t have to spend time looking for things*.
• Screenshare, whiteboard, or breakout in virtual rooms to get most out of your work meetings.
Google Chrome Extension for MS Teams: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.teams&hl=en
Developer WebSite: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-teams/download-app